SM City Taytay, Manila East Rd., Taytay, Rizal
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Recommend
- 2 Reviewers
₱92 - ₱575
Most Recent Reviews
1. I used to see this restaurant when I lived in Sta. Rosa, Laguna for a time but was hesitant to try it because I thought it would be pricey. It was located kasi at Nuvali, which is quite an upscale area.
2. But when we found out that Giligan's now has a branch in SM City Taytay, we finally decided to try it out.
3. As I expected, much of their fare was pricey, but we were delighted to discover that it also has more affordable meals, like the P99 rice all you can meal. We ordered the chicken rice meal -- four chicken wings to be specific.
4. The chickens were cooked to perfection (e.g. walang dugo, which is of course a turn-off), and were quite big.
5. The chop suey was simple -- wala gaanong sahog, no chicken, no pork, just something like thin slices of chicken balls (for me ha, haha) -- but the taste was clean and delicious. The vegetables were crunchy.
6. The orders took quite long, but we understand that because it's not a fast food restaurant. We were served with water during our wait. If you want your food right away, go to a fast food joint instead. But the wait was worth it.
7. Courteous and attentive staff.
- No. of Comments: 0
- No. of Likes: 2 Likes
We were surprised to know that this place was 2 months old already. I guess we haven't been to this part of the mall for some time.
On the table
Pork Sisig - disappointed that it wasn't as good as we remembered. It lacked seasoning and some parts were too hard and makunat to eat.
Sweet and Spicy Squid - it was just so so
Miki Bihon - tasteless and we took most of it home. We figured we could add seasoning anyway.
I don't think we'll be eating here again anytime soon.
**seems like the aircon wasn't working and doors were left open
***acoustics was really bad, the chatter of neighboring tables was quite annoying
- No. of Comments: 1
- No. of Likes: 1 Like