Grande Vista Hotel
Malvar St., Puerto Princesa, Palawan
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Recommend
- 4 Reviewers
- Business Hours
- Open 24 Hours
More Business Info
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Garage, Reserved
- Hotel Star Rating:
- Airport Transfer:
- Coffee Shop:
- Meeting Facilities:
- Business Center:
- Room Service:
- Safety Deposit Boxes:
- Laundry Service:
- Extra Beds for Infant 0-2 years:
- Stay for free if using existing bedding. Note, if you need a cot there may be an extra charge.
- Extra Beds for Children 3-5 years:
- Must use an extra bed. Extra beds are dependent on the room you choose, please check the individual room policy for more details.
- Distance from City Center:
- Distance from Airport:
- Earliest Check-In:
- Number of Rooms:
- Number of Floors:
- Room Voltage:
- Time to Airport:
- Year Hotel Built:
Most Recent Reviews
Our flight was delayed and we reached the hotel at around 12:45pm. We have a scheduled city trip at 1pm so we were rushing to get to our rooms and at least have a little bite to eat. But while checking in, they offered to move our city trip at 2pm so we could comfortably settle down daw. Waaaaa nice! We were so relieved. And from that point on everything seemed to be stress free. All the staff were very friendly and warm, ALL SMILES! Yung manager lang hindi. Very serious looking but it didn't bother me because he was still very accommodating and he attended to our requests immediately.
I love the rooms and the interior of the hotel itself. It reminded me of B Hotel. Very cozy! The swimming pool and massage area were also breathtaking! They were open and overlooking the city of Puerto Princesa. May view deck pa! And the wifi is pretty fast sa 4th floor where the pool and resto are located. And if ever you want to buy chips, soda or toiletries, there's a convenience store just beside the hotel.
1⃣ Mahina yung water.
2⃣ Madaling maglagam yung food sa room.
3⃣ No elevator. Pero this is not much of a problem for me. Exercise na din! Haha
4⃣ Buffet DAW yung breakfast. Not. One breakfast meal lang for free. But the food was delicious. Love the bacon!
5⃣ Scheduling problems!!!
- First is our booking. We booked one room for the five of us. But they double booked it so we were given two separate rooms instead. It was actually better because we didn't have to pay the additional charge! Haha.
- Second is our massage schedule. Someone took our spot so we called them immediately. They said we could just have the massage inside the rooms. We said no because we really wanted it sa massage area at the top floor. Kaya nga nagschedule kami ahead of time eh. Tsk. So they said sorry and we would be the next na daw talaga! After an hour, the masseuse knocked at our door saying may nangunguna na naman daw!! They were foreigners like the first two who took our spot. She wanted to say may nakaschedule na but she wasn't good at english daw. Sabihin niya nalang daw sa front desk. SO OKAY. We also called the desk, AGAIN. Sorry sorry blah blah. And they were insisting AGAIN and AGAIN na sa rooms nalang namin. Ano baaaaa!! But I tried to calm myself and we discussed if we would still push through with it. Then the masseuse went to our room again.. AYAW DAW NG STAFF SA BABA KAUSAPIN YUNG FOREIGNER KASI NATATAKOT SILA. KUNG GUSTO DAW TALAGA NAMIN KAMI KUMAUSAP. WTF!!!!! BS!! BS!! I was thinking of giving five stars pero dahil dito minus two stars!! Ffffff.
- No. of Comments: 0
- No. of Likes: 2 Likes
Our family vacations usually involve lots and lots of activities...️ We are usually just at our hotel after going out at night... So we don't really look for very fancy hotels to stay in... Our requirements are: 1) good bed, 2) very clean, 3) not far from the city center, 4) reasonable price, and 5) serves alcohol!
So for this last trip, we stayed at Grande Vista Hotel... It passed all 5 requirements! Plus the breakfast was pretty good, which they served pretty early at our request. I had my first taste of the fried lamayo, a fish found in the area, which is like danggit. Pretty good!
I must also mention that the staff were very courteous and warm, very well trained in my opinion... They were able to keep up with all of us. Our family alone occupied 10 rooms! so they were quite busy! The rooms were kept clean, the beds were big, the cable was sufficient, and the aircon was very chilly- great respite from the heat outside... Plus free wifi, which was pretty fast, as long as you stay in the common areas...
They also have a babad pool, which had a view of Honda Bay, a pretty sight to wake up to in the morning... ️ They have room massage services too, which I quite enjoyed. Plus it's centrally located, so no problems there... Lots of tricycles pass by the area, so even if you don't rent a vehicle, you can easily go around the city... Oh and they also have a convenience store in front and a cafe, which doubles as a bar... they serve alcohol and pulutan at a reasonable price and they have a local band there on the weekends...
Just note that they do not have an elevator and it's 5 floors high. Since we were with a handful of senior citizens, we requested rooms on the first and second floors. They just have to go up to the fifth floor where breakfast is served... We enjoyed our stay there! And you can't beat the price! it's a great option to stay in when visiting Puerto Princesa!
- No. of Comments: 2
- No. of Likes: 5 Likes
Their service is just unexceptional, they will cater your needs. thumbs up!
- No. of Comments: 0
- No. of Likes: 1 Like
The hotel itself is pretty nice. I've been to better hotels but according to our tour guide there are no 5-star hotels in Puerto Princesa so I guess I can't complain.
I'm a real sucker for good service and the service here is just exceptional. It's like the hotel staff genuinely wanted us to enjoy our visit.
- No. of Comments: 3
- No. of Likes: 4 Likes