Little Owl Cafe

65 Broadway Ave., New Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila

Little Owl Cafe
4.0
4.0 Stars

5 Reviewers

  • 5 stars 2
  • 4 stars 2
  • 3 stars 0
  • 2 stars 1
  • 1 star 0
  • 5 Reviews
  • 11 Recommend
  • 5 Reviewers
Category:
Café
Business Hours
Open: 9:00a - 9:00p
Phone
+6325012036

Hours

  • Sunday
    • 9:00a - 9:00p
  • Monday
    • 9:00a - 9:00p
  • Tuesday
    • 9:00a - 9:00p
  • Wednesday
    • 9:00a - 9:00p
  • Thursday
    • 9:00a - 9:00p
  • Friday
    • 9:00a - 9:00p
  • Saturday
    • 9:00a - 9:00p

Payment Options

Cash

Most Recent Reviews

Myzyl C.
5.0 Stars
2

I always see this restaurant on our way to the grocery but never got the chance to drop by. Thanks to TheHungryEmployee for tagging me along. 128522

I like the logo and concept of Little Owl, as well as its minimalist and homey interiors. The servers are nice and the food is good too.

Salmon Benedict - I like that this dish is strongly savory though the butter is kind of overpowering the rest of the flavors. Nonetheless, trying this dish is such a treat.

Banana Pancake - I love how the pancakes are really soft and its a good combination with the sliced banana.

Grilled Cheese - Super yummy! The serving size is huge and it's super cheesy.

Mushroom Tartine - Definitely one of my favorite dishes from the bunch because I love mushrooms and the overall taste is savory but not too salty.

Caesar Salad, Fish n' Chips, Bolognese - Not as memorable as the rest but these are good too.

Chocolate Tart - I must say, this won the day for me and it's definitely going to be the main reason for me to dine here again.

  • No. of Comments: 2
View
Jayson J.
4.0 Stars
10

VP Midz S thanks for sharing your invite with us.
From the makers of lola cafe and liberty cafe comes another 'L' cafe. The place is called little owl because the place looks small from the outside but definitely got a big space inside that can be a potential favorite nook. The interior is nice and cute--a lot of round things can be found.

The event went really slow serving almost ten dishes in about 3 hours! 128517 but it was just fine we had a lot of time to talk and get to know each other.

128204 strawberry banana smoothie
This one tastes homey and if you want something familiar to your taste. I like how evenly the strawberry and banana fruits blend well

128204 orange and ginger
Not a smoothie rather a juice. Something unique, healthy and new. The carrot tastes a little sweet. I suspect some added syrup but that's fine. The ginger taste is weak.

128204 watermelon and mint
Cool and refreshing. This one's juice as well. The watermelon and mint flavor blends well.

128204 salmon Benedict
Was a little disappointed at this. It did not wowed me. The cured salmon was a little fishy for me. However the poached eggs were perfectly cooked.

128204128525 caesar salad
A whole lettuce which base was chopped then quartered. Two portions served. It's sprinkled with bacon bits and croutons, dressing was abundant, effortless but delicious!

128204128525 mushroom tartine
Love the combination of mushroom and veggies (zuccinis, carrots) in a bed of creamy scrambled eggs and bread.

128204128525 grilled cheese sandwich
Please get this. It amazed me. Do combine the arugula and a small portion of the caramelized tomato and strawberry in a bite. It just plays everything--salty, sweet, tangy, herby!

128204 wild mushroom
This is an oil base pasta with a zing of citrus fruit. I think the name does not really apply much because the mushrooms were just made as toppings.

128204 banana pancake
Thick and a little dense, this pancake could be a little cloying without the caramel sauce. The slices of caramelized bananas reminds me of wildflour's ricotta pancakes. (It still is the best btw)

128204128525 chicken burger
I love how local it actually tastes. KFC--but a little tastier. The waffles was a flunk as it's a little tough. But love the protein in it!

128204128525 steak and eggs
Who could not resist bacon?! Especially this thick slab. Sweet and toasted outside yet savory and tender inside! The caramelized apple made it sweet. Choose either sunny side up or scrambled eggs and rice or toast!

128204 fish and chips
Serving too few. The fries were shoestring and crispy but i love the sourcream dip.

128204128525 flat white
Yeah, coffee by toby's estate, 💯

128204 warm apple and pecan tart
One thing that lacks in the description: wet.
Love the taste though, but the contents were too few and too wet.

128204128525 cheese tart
Could they just call this lemon cheese tart?! I love it anyway!

128204(128525) chocolate tart
Huhu i was not able to try this but everyone says it's very good! The chocolate tastes dark daw. Maybe they could use a piping bag for the whipcream topping.

Parking space could accommodate 12 cars. Wow. Traffic area too. There's CR in the first floor for both genders and the wifi is incredibly fast. There are power outlets so i wont complain, service is moderately fast.

I don't think their menu is final. So things could definitely change. They're still at soft opening.

Hi 128075 Ruth D Ruth S Clarissa P Dennis O Elaine O

  • No. of Comments: 14
View
Clarissa P.
4.0 Stars
10

Lola Cafe + Bar has made a name for itself because of the good food that they serve, the great customer service and the lovely ambiance of their restaurant. It was easy for people to love them and I've read a lot of good reviews. Then they came up with Liberty Kitchen + Brew in Eastwood City which was more than a restaurant. Morphing into a bar at night, Liberty has made waves online as well. Forming the Lola Group of Restaurants, they then opened their latest dining concept - Little Owl.

Little Owl offers all day breakfast food and if you fancy good coffee, you're in for a treat here because they've partnered with Toby's Estate. Located directly across the original Craft Coffee Revolution in New Manila, Little Owl is very accessible through E. Rodriguez. It's just along Broadway Ave. with St. Luke's and Robinson's Magnolia as some of it's neighbors. If you work within the area, this place can be your quick escape for lunch even on a weekday.

When we got to the place, it had this old house homey feel. It was very spacious, high ceiling, mezzanine area with huge windows allowing a lot of natural light in. I loved the overall neatness of the place because of the dominant white walls and floor tiles accentuated nicely by black borders of rounded mirrors and arched windows.

The mezzanine area had a warmer tone because of it's wooden floor. It also has white wash walls, industrial type drop lamps and windows in every corner possible. There was minimal and simple decors but IMO, they were enough to add a little more charm to the place.

We met Jonvic, Head Chef and F&B Director of the Lola Group and he also introduced us to the Chefs and staff of Little Owl. They had us start with a selection of drinks which had coffee, fruit juice and cocktails as options. The spread they prepared was amazing as well and they made sure to explain each dish. Let me drill down what we had from each section of their menu.

| From the EGGS section of their soft opening menu, we tried the following: Shakshuka and Fluffy Egg White Omelette.

> Shakshuka for 270Php

It was my first time to encounter such a dish and I was more than pleased. Served in a skillet was the genius marriage of eggs and tomatoes. The eggs were poached in the tomato sauce that has been mixed with whipped cheese and topped with fresh basil leaves. This was served with toasts. Loved the flavor of the tomatoes that went well with the savory and salty cheese and runny eggs.

> Fluffy Egg White Omelette for 220Php

Think Brazo Mercedes without the sweet part, they weren't kidding when they said fluffy! The egg whites have been whipped until very fluffy and light ending up with the white part of Brazo Mercedes - that type that can be made into meringue just by adding powdered sugar. Though it was topped with pesto, feta cheese and served with fresh arugula and toasts, the egg itself lacked in flavor.

| Toast: Mixed Mushroom and Roasted Vegetables

> Mixed Mushroom and Roasted Vegetables Toast for 250Php

This was one of my favorites. The scrambled egg on top of the toast was just so light but creamy, had a good hint of herbs and just the right saltiness. It was topped with the roasted mushroom slices and veggies, fresh arugula, melted cheese and drizzled with EVOO.

| All Day Brunch Plates: Thick Cut Bacon Steaks

> Thick Cut Bacon Steaks for 365Php (with rice)

If there is one thing that you must order from Little Owl, make sure that it is this one!
Served with your choice of rice or French Toast, veggies and egg of choice, the thick pork belly slab was well marinated and tender! It had this caramelized crust giving it some sweetness. I kid you not, this one's really good!

| Pancakes and Waffles: Fluffy Banana Pancake

> Fluffy Banana Pancake for 220Php

This pancake dish was delicious! The pancakes were fluffy but dense with a good flavor of banana. I'm guessing they incorporated fresh ripe bananas into the mix. Topped with a luscious caramel sauce and caramelized banana halves on top, this one is definitely a sweet treat though I would love for this to have been finished off with whipped cream!

| Soups, Salads & Sandwiches: Grilled Caesar Salad & Grilled Cheese Sandwich

> Grilled Caesar Salad for 285Php

When you say grilled, there should be even the slightest hint of smoky or char flavor. In this salad, however, there wasn't any of that. A good bunch of romaine lettuce was topped with arugula, bacon, croutons, classic Caesar salad dressing and finished off with cheese. I liked the crisp greens but this salad definitely needed more dressing.

> Grilled Cheese Sandwich for 220Php

Served with a side serving of simple salad and skinny fries, this sandwich was such a perfect match their Shakshuka!
The bread was well toasted giving off a nice crunch and it was definitely oozing with cheese! It was pretty good but it was lacking some sharp cheese flavor.

| Pasta and Grains: Carbonara

> Carbonara for 295Php

Tossed in a thick Parmesan cream with corned beef, it's your usual Carbonara. I would love some more saltiness here though.

| For dessert, we had their trio of tarts! Chocolate, Warm Apple & Pecan and Calamansi.

Though I really wanted to like these tarts, I found them either too sweet or cloying. They all had the same crust that was too crumbly with a texture that I didn't quite like.

> Chocolate Tart for 130Php

The chocolate was good but it was very rich for my liking. I'm more of a milk chocolate fan than dark. It can get cloying and I wish there was more salt on top of this tart to counter the chocolate's sweetness.

> Warm Apple & Pecan for 160Php

This one lacked distinct flavor. IMO, it needs more sauce, maybe like caramel, since the filling was overall dry. The apple slices were dry, needs more cinnamon and the pecans were soggy. Totally okay to skip.

> Calamansi Tart for 120Php

This tart has a good tartness from the calamansi but too much of the sugar kicked in after. Maybe an addition of more cream into the curd will do the trick.

| For our drinks, I got to try the following:

> Pink Owl for 150Php

I loved this one! Vodka x soda x watermelon juice x lychee with chunks of fresh watermelon cubes and mint leaves. It was light and refreshing.

> Espresso Cocktail for 150Php

Coffee and Cocktail? Sounds just about right! Imagine having two great drinks in one! This one had Vodka x Caribbean Rhum x Amaretto x a shot of espresso. I would love to like this one but it was just too strong for me.

>
Green Sangria for 150Php

This one is probably my favorite. It's the ultimate lady's drink! Vodka x wine x soda x green apple x cucumber x calamansi. It's very light and refreshing, perfect summer cocktail!

Overall, it was a pleasant lunch. The restaurant is such a good venue for parties as well! The mezzanine area itself can be a venue for small gatherings and can house about 30 to 40 people. According to Jonvic, they're also promoting the restaurant for parties and functions. In fact, they've had more than a handful of booked parties since they started their soft opening. They can also design the buffet menu according to your needs.

  • No. of Comments: 18
View
Steff S.
5.0 Stars

Newly opened little restaurant across Craft and very near St. Luke's! The interior is simple but nicely decorated, although no sight of any owl figure. I loved their mushroom toast with roasted vegetable and scrambled eggs - fluffy eggs with a layer of cheese on nicely toasted (and buttered?) bread. Perfect place for people who brunch! Will definitely come back to try other dishes!

  • No. of Comments: 0
View
Mark L.
2.0 Stars
3

saturday family dinner..
grilled cheese sandwich 128077128077128077 only the fries were good
thick cut bacon steak 128077128077128077
caesar salad 128077128077128077128077
dalandan juice 128078 tasted like water. as in you can't taste the dalandan. very watered down
beef brisket tapa 128077128077128077
chocolate waffle 128077128077128077

  • No. of Comments: 1
View