Press Start Cafe
Alley 2 cor. Buton St., Sabang, Baler, Aurora
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Recommend
- 2 Reviewers
Most Recent Reviews
First meal slash breakfast was here at Press Start Cafe. My friend suggested we eat here since her cousin owns the place. Even without her suggesting this place, this was already included in my must try places.
It was around 8am when we arrived and I think they just opened and we were their first customers. Only 2 items were available during that time so we just have to choose between the Continental Breakfast (150) and Ham & Cheese Sandwich (220). But aside from that they also have other breakfast items like pancakes. For lunch onwards, they pizza, pasta, and sandwiches. They also have coffee, milkshakes and other drinks. If you like, for more available items, you can go here during lunch time or dinner.
Before I review the food, let me first share with you how much I liked the place. Kubo feels - al fresco, very chill and laid back, wooden everywhere and super IG worthy. Would be so much better if they also have pillows for the complete chill feels!
- Suman de Baler, Fresh Fruits (Banana, Apple, and Orange), Scrambled Egg w Basil, Toast, Peanut butter and Jam.
- For 150, this is already a sulit heavy slash filling breakfast. Perfect way to start our tiring and adventure filled day!! Plus everything I want is already included - egg, banana, peanut butter and bread!!! 🏼
- First time trying their suman and it was really good (you can buy this 50-60 pesos per pack near the bus terminal, same place where you can get Aling Pacing's peanut butter and other pasalubong items. ).
Ham and Cheese Sandwich (220)
- so it's true, this is one IG worthy ham and cheese sandwich! This was served after 20minutes or more? but not complaining. From our table, we can see them prepare our meals and they really put so much effort and creativity. They carefully and neatly prepared this sandwich.
- Toasted bread, lettuce, tomato, cheese slices, and then ham. Instead of the usual potato chips or fries, they added banana chips. However, though really pretty and good looking, the taste was just okay. Nothing extraordinary, just your usual ham and cheese sandwich.
Service was good. Very. They were all warm, nice and friendly. When in Baler, you should try this place. When I get back, I will try their pizza!! Can't wait!!!! 🏼
- No. of Comments: 3
- No. of Likes: 11 Likes
Press Start Cafe, ran by Chef Maco, is located at Surfhouse Baler (see review). It's a simple, unpretentious cafe that stand out from others in Baler. While speaking to Chef Maco, I learned that most of the ingredients used are grown within the confines of Surfhouse Baler. Nothing feels better than knowing that the food you're eating is organically grown, free from GMOs.
During our stay, free continental breakfast was served. Toast, scrambled eggs, fresh fruits and fresh suman. You can't go wrong with a light, delicate, yet filling breakfast. The scrambled eggs were light, creamy, well seasoned with Parmesan cheese. Washing it off with tea helped us prepare for a long day ahead.
Because Press Start Cafe and Surfhouse Baler had only been open for a couple months, the menu was limited. Because of it, Chef Maco offered to make us fish tacos for dinner. It was delicious! Home made tortillas, freshly caught swordfish, salsa and molè was stellar! The freshly made molè was the backbone of this dish, and I cannot covey how good it was. I'm not a huge fan of black beans, but having it on this dish made me a believer.
The only reason for a 4-star was for the limited menu.
I can't wait to head back here in the near future. I hope the menu will consist of food as good as the fish tacos we had.
- No. of Comments: 3
- No. of Likes: 6 Likes